Friday, January 19, 2018

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Embellished/3D Nail Art

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today's post is definitely one of my flashiest manis ever, though sadly it was a short-lived one.  I did this prompt for 26 Great Nail Art Ideas over Christmas holidays.  I had friends in town so I couldn't see them with plain nails.  So I spent an afternoon creating this blingy design, only to practically ruin it on my way to see my friends by finding the large charm WAY too fun to play with.  It spins!  I don't normally think I'm a fidgety person but I couldn't resist spinning the charms from the second I got them on my fingers.  I just need to find a better way to make them stay.



The most 3D part of this mani was this rotational charm from Bundle Monster.  I first used one of these rotational charms last summer (with a review here) and thought it was a blast.  This one was far easier to photograph since the orientation didn't matter.  It also didn't fall apart like the other one did.  Again, you can see the curve of the charm should match most folk's nails.  It is quite raised so be prepared to fiddle with your nails (though that's kind of the point since this is essentially a mini fidget spinner).  Unfortunately this was the short lived bit of my mani.  The builder gel I used to glue it on didn't hold so the charm came off my nail.  Next time I'll use nail glue and builder gel!


The base color I used was Madam Glam All Natural, with no wipe top coat.  To add more pizzazz to it, I used Whats Up Nails Aurora Supreme Powder.  I really loved how this powder looked over the pale pink.  


For the last bit of embellishment, I added a whole pile of Swarovski crystals in a few different sizes to my nails.  Using them makes a pretty expensive mani but it's worth it if you're going to keep it for awhile (which I would've tried to if my charms hadn't popped off).  



I'd love to hear what you think of these.  Could you ever wear a charm that is that 3D?

'Til next time...

No comments: