Friday, June 16, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Paper - Newspaper Stamping

Hey there!  It's the last Digit-al Dozen theme day this week.  For my last Paper design, I thought I could do a stamped newspaper look, using yet another one of the Moyra plates I had just bought.  I liked it well enough but then I wondered what went with newspapers and my sister suggested coffee.  So here we have my newspaper mani, with and without coffee.



These were pretty simple to do.  I started with KBShimmer How You Dune? and then did a watercolor type look with acetone-thinned L’Oreal Greycian Goddess, Color Club Muse-ical. KBShimmer My Life’s Porpoise and Pure Ice Superstar!.


Over that I stamped with Moyra #21 with Mundo de Unas Dark Grey and added a matte top coat.  Turns out the only challenging part of this mani was getting those thin lines to transfer properly.  They ended up all wiggly.


Then, since I figured it needed some color, I did some advanced stamping with a couple of coffee cups from UberChic Beauty 2-01 with Mundo de Unas Black, Caramel and Revlon Cherry.  And of course added matte top coat again.


Well that wraps up paper week.  Speaking of, I should've done some cool wrapping paper nails like my DD friends but that didn't cross my mind.  If you're curious about their much more creative take on this theme, their finals designs for the week can be found in the links below.

'Til next time...


No comments: