Monday, May 15, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Rainforest - Tropical Birds

Hey there!  This week is a brand new Digit-al Dozen week - always the most fun week of the month.  For May we have a Rainforest theme which was great timing because when I was ready to tackle these manis I had just watched Planet Earth II.  There wasn't a rainforest episode but there was a jungle episode which is pretty much the same thing, right?  When I did these I was also in the middle of swatching the KBShimmer Nauti by Nature collection courtesy of Color4Nails (previously reviewed here) and I thought they paired up perfectly with the theme so I used all the holographics from the collection for this design.

Tropical Bird Nail Stamping

KBShimmer Nauti By Nature Nail Art

The base color for these was KBShimmer Tropic Like It's Hot. After that all the stamping was done with Mundo de Unas Black and filled in with the rest of the holos from the collection (plus Oh My Ganache for a brown and ILNP Missed Calls for a black holographic).  

Bundle Monster Bird Nails

The stamping images came from Bundle Monster BM-S410 for the leaves and BM-S155 for the birds.  My nails are too small to fit all the framing leaves from the full images but the birds fit perfectly!  

Holographic Bird Nails

I definitely had to take a couple pics in direct light, like the one above.  Wouldn't it be cool if all birds sparkled like that in real life?  I already really like birds but if they were sparkly I'd probably move right into the jungle to see that all the time! 

Rainforest Nail Art

I ended up having quite a few animal manis for Rainforest week.  I bet I'm not alone in thinking the rainforest has some of the coolest critters on earth!  I'm also willing to bet that a few of my Digit-al Dozen friends also have some fun animals designs this week.  We can see in the links below if I'm right...

'Til next time...




No comments: