Thursday, April 27, 2017

KBShimmer Nauti by Nature Collection Swatches and Review

Press  Sample
Hey there!  I don't know about you but some brands will always have my heart.  These are the ones whose new collections always get my heart racing a little.  Well KBShimmer is high up there on that list for me.  They're always amongst the first I reach for anytime I'm doing nail art.  Seriously, I have to actively try to use other brands sometimes.  The Spring 2017 collection is called Nauti by Nature collection which is meant to transport us to a tropical island through our fingertips.  There are 4  glitter jelly/crellies, 2 shimmers and an entire rainbow of holographics in the collection and I was lucky enough to be sent them all to review by Color4Nails.  If you don't know who Color4Nails are, you're in for a treat!  They're an American stockist who distributes a massive variety of brands, mostly indies, including KBShimmer.  And they have great customer service which has kept me coming back as a customer for years.  Now onto the swatches!


I'll start with the jelly/crellie/glitter polishes in this collection.  It was this type of polish that made me first started buying KBShimmer (I distinctly remember stalking Harlow for Snow Way, way back in the day).  I can happily report that KBShimmer still makes great crellies.  All four of these were opaque at 3 coats but did need top coat to smooth them out.  I didn't have any issues with glitter load.  I did fish for one extra star in Starfishing for Compliments but that's pretty minor.  I also really liked them with matte top coat so I'll include a photo with a coat of Oh Matte! as well.  


Blue-teal jelly with holographic and iridescent glitter
3 coats plus top coat



matte top coat


Light turquoise crelly with white, pink, blue and yellow matte glitter (2 sizes)
3 coats plus top coat



matte top coat


Slightly grey white crelly with black, white, pink and turquoise hex glitter and black and turquoise stars
3 coats plus top coat



matte top coat


White crelly with multicoloured hex (2 sizes) and bar metallic style glitter
3 coats plus top coat



matte top coat
Next up are the two shimmer polishes in this collection.  These are so much more gorgeous than my camera would pick up.  I took a photo of each in direct light to try to catch more of the shimmer but even that doesn't show these off.


Beige with pink shimmer
2 coats plus top coat


I really need to add a few more words to say how great this polish was.  Light colors can sometimes drag or be hard to level but this was so easy.  And it really does look just like the inside of a shell.  Looking at these pictures makes me want to put this on again.


direct light


Dusty purple with pink shimmer
2 coats plus top coat



direct light

Next up are the holographics in this collection.  All of these are strong linear holographics that were not dulled at all by top coat.  All but one were perfectly opaque in two coats.  Their formula is super smooth so they really don't need top coat but I added a coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top just to be consistent.  I'll be sharing photos taken in both a light box and under direct artificial light.  Macros of holographics are a bit useless but I'm including one anyways, just for funsies.


Ever-so-slightly orange-toned red holographic 
2 coats plus top coat


direct light

direct light


Pink-ish rust colored holographic
2 coats plus top coat


direct light

direct light


Warm-toned yellow holographic
3 coats plus top coat


direct light

direct light


Rich evergreen holographic
2 coats plus top coat


direct light

direct light


Bright turquoise holographic
2 coats plus top coat


direct light

direct light


Blue-periwinkle holographic
2 coats plus top coat


direct light

direct light
It's almost impossible to pick a favourite from this collection.  I seriously fell in love with Saved By The Shell so if I could only pick one, that would be it.  Of the glitters, Show Me The Mahi is amazing but I also really liked Starfishing For Compliments.  And for holographic, my love of turquoise makes me have to pick Tropic Like It's Hot.  But if you're looking for a great red holographic polish, Macaw Me Maybe is awesome!

$9.25/polish
Available at Color4Nails

'Til next time...


No comments: