Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen redoes Art - Leonid Afremov

Hey there!  So today's inspiration just cost me some dollars.  When I was looking for the link to the original Leonid Afremov painting that inspired my nail art today, I saw that he sells actual paintings for a really reasonable amount.  From what I can tell, he recreates the original.  So I just bought my first painting!  When I was looking for inspiration for this week's art theme, I knew that I liked palette knife paintings so I searched on Pinterest and saw a bunch of Leonid Afremov art and fell in love.  I choose Alley By The Lake to try to recreate....and then buy :-)



First, here's my nails with the the painting on my computer screen.  Don't you love the knife technique he uses.  And the colors!  So many colors!  


Mine started with a light purple base of China Glaze Wanderlust but that got all covered up so I really could've used any base color.  


Then I went to town with a ton of acrylic paints.  I couldn't use a knife technique on my nails so I had to make due with my tiny paint brushes.  


This was the only nail art this week that I left shiny.  For top coat I used Seche Vite.  


Are there any artists that you've fallen in love with lately?  I'd love to hear about them.  While you're trying to think of them, maybe some of my Digit-al Dozen friends can remind you with their midweek Art posts in the links below.  

'Til next time...



No comments: