Monday, February 13, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Black - Blobbicure

Hey there!  I mentioned earlier today that it's the start of a new Digit-al Dozen week.  This month our theme is Black.  Sounds nice and open, right?  Turns out, a color theme is pretty tough.  I wanted to stick as much with black as possible but I can't have a week of just painting my nails black, right?  I did manage to keep color out of it (except on Friday when I combined themes with the 26 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge) unless you count today's white and greys as colors (I don't...I like my colors splashy!).  This blobbicure was inspired by one of the coolest nail art techniques I've seen in ages which I will link to shortly.



@laqvid is an amazing Italian nail artist who I just recently came across on Instagram.  She seriously has the neatest blobbicures I've ever seen.  She posted a swirly blue blobbicure that I instantly fell in love with and, luckily, she posted a tutorial video which was my inspiration for today's mani.  


For mine I started with a black base of KBShimmer Eclipse and then tried to make my blobs with Eyes White Open, My Life's Porpoise and a bit of Yeti Or Not. 


My blobs didn't spread anything like @laqvid's so mine is more of a bit dotticure.  Maybe I don't use a thick enough base when I try my blobbicures (since I dread the clean up).  I should keep practicing eh?


Despite my not-so-spread-out blobs, I love the rocky look this gave me.  I tried doing another one last night with red and yellow but it didn't work out.  But imagine how cool it would look with fiery splotches!  


That's it for today.  If you're curious to see how the rest of the ladies have tackled our Black theme, check out the links below! 

'Til next time...


No comments: