Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Decades - The 60's

Hey there!  For my second design of The Digit-al Dozen's Decades week, I'm doing my take on The 60's.  Bright coloured water marbles make awesome sixties-inspired nails so that's how I started.  This was honestly one of the best water marbles I've ever done but I still couldn't resist throwing something else one top of it.  When I was planning my nails I was trying to think of memorable things about the 60's (even though I wasn't alive yet) and one night the space race popped into my head.  I have NO idea where that came from since Canada wasn't involved at all as far as I know.  But it gave me a good excuse to use more images off the awesome Bundle Monster/Kelli Marissa plate that I just posted last week.


These started with a water marble of the pipe dream polish Tie Dyed Jellies collection.  I don't know why I didn't try marbling with these before now.  I'm so sad this collection is discontinued now.  If I had known how effortlessly they marble I definitely would've grabbed a second set.


I ended up top coating them with a gel top coat so I could do two rounds of stamping on them.  My sister and I disagreed about what would make a better 60's mani.  First up was my idea - advanced stamping representing the race to the moon.  The plate is Bundle Monster BM-XL213 stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and filled with silver Born Pretty stamping polish.  How cute is that little spaceship?  



I definitely prefer my space nails but here's my sister's idea - some hippy flower child stamping.  I recognize that part of why I prefer my idea is that the flowers from Vivid Lacquer VL033 didn't stamp great.  The text images are from Bundle Monster's Festival Collection, specifically BM-S305.  


I want to ask which one you guys prefer but I'm sure it'll be mine, hahaha!  I'm completely joking there but seriously, how do you beat a chubby spaceship?

You can check out the rest of the group's Day 2 designs down below.  I'm loving everyone's take on the prompt so far.  I knew this would be a fun week!

'Til next time..




No comments: