Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does December - Winter Trees

Hey there!  We're still going with The Digit-al Dozen's December theme and I have another chilly-looking design to share today.  On Monday I posted another outdoor scene but one that looked pretty and sparkly.  Today's mani is more like what December has actually been looking like here lately - cold and foggy.  It's been a funny winter so far.  Usually Edmonton is nothing but big, blue skies (albeit, pretty cold skies) but this year we've had a lot of really foggy mornings.  Since I cross the river on my way to work, I've gotten to see all the frosty river valley trees in the fog which inspired me to do these nails.  It's not the warmest looking mani ever but this hasn't been the warmest December either.



To do these, I needed a base color to that even light grey would show up on without being pure white.  Color Club Silver Lake was perfect.  It looks just like that grey-white sky we have on the foggy mornings.  


To represent the more distance trees, I used Bundle Monster BM-S306 in Mundo de Unas Light Grey, then BM-S178 (the same plate I used on Monday) in Dark Grey.  


For the closer (naked) trees, I used a plate called CZ08 that I believe I got off AliExpress.  This plate is great anytime you need some trees.  I tried to triple stamp these in Black then White and then M Polish To Have and To Holo (though the sparkles don't really show up in my photos).  Everything was matte'd with Essie Matte About You.  


This hand didn't turn out exactly like I wanted.  My right hand turned out way better.  However I can't photograph my right hand at all with my camera and my nails are all wonky (that middle nail just keeps splitting and breaking...so frustrating!).  I took a picture anyway so here you have it.  It looks so much better when you can see more of the background trees.  And it's proof that I usually do both my hands to match and actually live my life with some of this goofy stuff on my nails :-)


That's all for today.  Tomorrow I'll have a much happier looking mani for you to finish off December week.  In the meantime, swing over to check out the rest of the group down below.  

 'Til next time...



No comments: