Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - December 2016

Hey there!  In December, 3 of the Digit-al Dozen ladies have their birthdays so, as a group, we celebrate by doing nail art inspired by a picture they've chosen.  This month, Cathy of More Nail Polish, Kerry of Painted Fingertips and Kristi from Let's Begin Nails have picked a wild photo of a rainbow computer chip that you can see after the jump.



Here is the photo that our ladies have picked as our inspiration.  Luckily Kristi was good enough to explain what it is:
"it's a silicon wafer with patterned metal or the common name = computer chips! Computer chips are all created on a single circular wafer and then cut up later. This is what we actually call at my job (Intel) a "pretty" wafer....it's only made for photos and would not really work in real life."  


I really had no idea how to recreate that beautiful photo on my nails so I ended up going with a loose interpretation.  I started with a base of Jade Mystic Gold and then stamped a computer chip image from Winstonia W317 with a rainbow of colors.  I used Mundo de Unas Reddish, Barbie, Neon Blue, Lemon Tree, Aqua, Yellow and Tutti.  I tried so many stamping polishes but those gave me the brightest result so I went with those.  


To try to make my mani look anywhere near as sparkly with rainbows as the original photo, I took my photos in direct artificial light using a gold holographic sheet as my background.  Looks pretty neat eh?  




So happy birthday Cathy, Kristi and Kerry!  I think everyone's interpretations are going to be mighty interesting this month.  I personally can't wait to see them all.  We can find them all in the links below.

'Til next time...


No comments: