Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does December: Clear Jelly Stamper Christmas Plates

Press  Sample/Nothing to Disclose

Hey there!  Welcome to day 2 of The Digit-al Dozen's December theme.  Last week I showed you guys a few of Clear Jelly Stamper's stamping polishes.  When emailing with Debbie about the polishes, she asked me if there were any plates I wanted to order since she was already shipping something so I grabbed a few of the Christmas/winter plates.  She was kind enough to include a few extras and I thought these would go along nicely with our December prompt this month so today you get four December designs instead of just one.


Just in case you haven't heard, Clear Jelly Stamper is the inventor of the clear stamper (and layered plates such as these, I believe).  Most of her images are meant to be layered but plenty of them can be used on their own.  Here's the scans of the plates I used in today's manis.




Snowflakes technically isn't one Christmas plates since there isn't a C before the plate number but it still fits the general theme.  For these I started with a base of Cirque Idyllic (a metallic blue from the latest holiday collection) that I gradient stamped with Mundo de Unas Pastel Blue, Blue and Navy Blue...so yup, I have the whole range of blues covered!  




I was pleasantly surprised at how this mani turned out.  For the base I used Frenzy Timelord.  Here I layered Mundo de Unas Taupe, Reddish, Black and White.  The snow was actually meant to be the fill in the bulbs but I found a new purpose for it.  




CJS C-05 has a whole range of holiday imagery on it.  I decided to go with some ornaments and some holiday to try out this plate.  In these, the green is Zoya Tilda and the gold is Zoya Ziv that I stamped with Mundo de Unas Black, Reddish, Military Green and Bronze.  As is often an issue with layering images with wide open spaces, the red circle for the bulb was tough to get a clean scrape on without scraping the polish right out hence it's a bit smeary.  




Lastly, I wouldn't have thought of some of the images on this plate as winter-themed but I have to admit I was wrong.  This ended up being so warm and cozy looking.  The base is FUN Lacquer Burnin' Up (H) and the stamping was done with layers of Mundo de Unas Bones, Cream, Yellow,, Orange, Taupe, Chocolate, Military Green, Black and White.


$6/plate (or 4 for $20)
Available at Clear Jelly Stamper
Facebook/Instagram

I hope you enjoyed my (mostly) layered winter designs that I've shared today.  I'm sure the rest of the girls have some gorgeous December nails for us to enjoy in the links below.  

'Til next time...



No comments: