Friday, December 2, 2016

Nail Crazies Unite - Holiday Movie

Hey there!  This week's Nail Crazies Unite theme is Holiday Movie.  Honestly, the only holiday movie that I really know and love is Love Actually.  But I've tried a Love Actually mani before and it wasn't good.  It was so bad that I won't even try to find it and link to it.  So when I saw this was one of our prompts, I tried to think of another holiday movie even if I love it less.  I remembered A Charlie Brown Christmas simply because I have a fondness for Charlie Brown that is leftover from my childhood.  I had a Snoopy purse, our canary was named Woodstock and I had a blue blanket just like Linus.  But I definitely don't have any Charlie Brown Christmas stamping images so I tried to freehand it.  I hope it's recognizable!



I started by painting my nails with Mrs. P's Potions Turbulence and Siren (an upcoming ONEders shade that I'll be reviewing next week).  


Then I busted out the acrylic paints that have been sadly ignored lately, opened a window on my computer with a Charlie Brown Christmas image and did my best.  I seriously don't know how people do super detailed nail art freehand.  I used the smallest brush I have and look how thick my lines are. Would watering down my paint more help??


I matte'd it with KBShimmer Oh Matte! which unfortunately is giving me the dreaded white spots even though I've barely used it.  Oh well, maybe I can pass them off as subtle snowflakes here...


Thanks for stopping by and checking out the first freehand design I've done in ages.  I'm looking forward to checking out the rest of the groups inspirations in the links down below.  Maybe I can find myself a new holiday movie to love so I can give my poor copy of Love Actually a break!

'Til next time...



No comments: