Friday, December 16, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does December/Nail Crazies Unite Candy Cane

Press  Sample

Hey there!  It's the end of this month's Digit-al Dozen theme of "December".  It also happens to be the day for the Nail Crazies Unite theme of Candy Canes and what's more December than candy canes?  So I've combined the prompts into one post with some candy cane stripes and stamping.  My stripes streaked a bit but I do quite like the glitter-y red and white look.  I wish I had a photo of the first time I tried this.  This isn't perfect but it's definitely an improvement.



My candy cane came from Clear Jelly Stamper's Santa's Workshop (CJS C-07) plate, another one of the extras Debbie threw in my last package.  I've only used the candy cane today but there's some cute layering Christmas ideas on this plate.  


The white I used here is OPI Make Light of the Situation.  My sister had originally bought this and I realized that I've used it so many times that I had better buy a backup bottle.  Actually I bought two.  You can never have enough glitter-y white, right?  I used straight Nail Vinyls and China Glaze Ruby Pumps for the sparkly red stripes.  This is another one of my favourite glitter polishes so I already have a second bottle of it.  My first one is almost empty since it was one of the first polishes I bought way back in the day.  


For the candy cane, I stamped with Mundo de Unas White, Red and Black.  But then I dotted a bit of Ruby Pumps on the red bits to try to make them sparkle too.  Unfortunately the glitter showed up better in real life than in my photos.  


I realized that I really hadn't used much of this plate to show off the kind of images you could make with it.  I quickly tried a few of them on paper here.  The big area of the gingerbread man was tough but the rest worked pretty easily.  


So that wraps us this month's Digit-al Dozen theme and this week's Nail Crazies Unite theme.  The rest of both groups can be found in the links below.  I bet there's some good ones!

'Til next time...




No comments: