Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Rainbows - Swarovski Crystal Rainbow

Hey there!  Today I have easily the most expensive mani I've ever done so I have tons of pictures.  As soon as I knew The Digit-al Dozen were doing a rainbow week, I went and bought up a whole rainbow of Swarovski crystals because I immediately knew I wanted a blingy rainbow (in the spirit of our bling queen Vic).  Of course it looked WAY cooler in real life.  I've found Swarovski crystals photograph really dull but are actually really sparkly.  So trust me, these were awesome!



There's really nothing much to say about how I did these.  I used a black base of Rica Blackout and then used crazy glue and three colors of crystals per nail to create my rainbow.  I purchased the crystals from Artbeads (linked there in case you're interested).  The ones I used were all size SS5.  



I took the photos before adding top coat (since I know top coat can bubble around 3D stuff like this).  Though I'm not sure why I even bothered top coating.  I had used a peel off base (can you imagine removing these otherwise?!) and these all popped off first thing the next morning.  So much work and money for nothing!  But at least I get to post them today.




That's all for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  If you have a few minutes, swing by the rest of the girls' blogs in the links down below.  

'Til next time...

No comments: