Friday, May 13, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Whimsy/40 Great Nail Art Ideas does Neon

Hey there!  Today's post is a triple (almost quadruple) theme combo - these are always nice and challenging.  If you've been following along this week, you'll know that The Digit-al Dozen's theme all week has been Whimsy.  There's been a long running suggestion (longer than I've been around) in the group of doing a unicorn silhouette week that sounds like it came from a reader suggestion.  A lot of us have jumped on that idea because there's been quite a few unicorns flying about this week.  So that's the first 1.5 themes.  For the other two, we have the neon theme from 40 Great Nail Art Ideas where I had the personal prompt of splatter.  So I've combined the whole bunch and did this neon unicorn stamping with splatter accents.  AND it works extra well because I used pipe dream polish ANIVC and there's always been a lot of unicorn chatter in the pipe dream polish Facebook group.  Maybe one of you can help me with how that started...



So for these I started with a white base of KBShimmer Eyes White Open.  The splatter was done by diluting the ANIVC polish in acetone and then tapping it off a fluffy paint brush onto my nail.  There's an easy tutorial here if you'd like a visual explanation.  


On my middle two nails I first stamped with Nailz Craze NC02 with black, then white, then a gradient with Mundo de Unas Turquoise, Neon Green, Neon Yellow or Tutti, Neon Pink and Neon Orange.  Hooray for the Clear Jelly Stamper!  These was topped with HK Girl top coat.  



I knew from the beginning that I wanted to include a pdp unicorn design in Whimsy week.  First I had tried a water marble and then used Vinyl Boutique's unicorn vinyls but the white ended up having to be way too thick to cover the neon and it messed with most of the unicorns.  But since I love sharing my fails, here's my messy marbled unicorns.  Such a good idea but such poor execution.  Someone else should try this and show me!  


And that brings us to the end of Whimsy week.  I promise next month's theme is a less confusing one.  But until then, we can see how the DD have chosen to end their whimsical ideas AND see a bunch of great neon nail art ideas down below!

'Til next time...


No comments: