Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does New & Improved - Day 3 Sugar Spun Nails

Hey there!  For day 3 of The Digit-al Dozen's New & Improved week, I thought I came up with the cleverest idea.  I knew I wanted to try the sugar spun technique and thought it'd be cute on chocolate dipped strawberries.  Then I googled and found that I certainly wasn't the first one but I went for it anyway.  Sugar spun is a brand new technique for me so it definitely fits with the theme of New & Improved. 



To do these I started with two coats of Essie Jelly Apple.  Then I painted on the leaves with Sally Hansen Lickety-Split Lime and outlined them and added the seeds with acrylic paint.  


Then I used Essie Partner In Crime in a glass of water (like the start of a water marble) and dragged out the edges a bit.  I dipped my nails in there to get the chocolate dipped look.  


Lastly I did the sugar spun part of the mani using Essie Marshmallow.  I should have topcoated them before adding the sugar spun look to have them shinier and smoothed out but I forgot that I wouldn't be top coating at the end.  Oops!  


That's all for today.  I hope you're enjoying New & Improved week so far.   Check out what everyone else has done for the midpoint of the week in their links below.  

'Til next time...



No comments: