Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Inspired by Pinterest/Magazines - Day 2 Autumn Striped Nails

Hey there!  For the second day of The Digit-al Dozen's Pinterest/Magazine week, I have my re-creation of a mani that I saw as an article header in my favourite magazine, Nail It!  I must have loved that photo because I busted out the vinyls to do this...and if you know me at all you'll know that I always complain when I use vinyls.  Not that they're not awesome and easy to use, I just worry about drying time before I use them.  I really should do it more often though since I always love how striped manis turn out.



Here's my crappy iPhone photo of the inspiration for today.  To prepare for this week, I brought all my old issues of Nail It! up to the cabin with me one weekend and just started snapping pics of all the designs I liked.  The photos aren't great quality but I hope you get the idea.  

source: Nail It! magazine

For my re-creation I started with two coats of Glam Polish You and Me (But Mostly Me) as my gold base.  Then I used skinny Nail Vinyls and added stripes of OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest, Zoya Autumn and A England Camelot to complete the design. 


After removing the vinyls, I smoothed it all out with HK Girl top coat.  The colors ended up a bit different than the original but that's part of the fun, right?



So there's my first magazine-inspired mani this week.  I had so much fun flipping through Nail It! that I might just have a second magazine mani this week.  In the meantime, follow the links below to see what the rest of the lovely DD girls are up to today

'Til next time...



No comments: