Friday, October 23, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Orange, Purple and Green

Hey there!  It's time for a new color prompt for Crumpet's Nail Tarts 40 Great Nail Art Ideas!  With Halloween coming up, this week's colors are orange, purple and green.  My designated look for this week is ikat.  I've done ikat nails once before but I still had to google what ikat means.  I tried to make these ones a bit more adventurous than my first try but I think I might have gone overboard.  What do you think?



For these I started with two coats of pipe dream polish Rhytmn from the Street Carnival Collection.  It makes a great Halloween orange!


Then for the ikat, I first put down some white where I wanted my pattern to go because my purple and green weren't quite opaque enough to pop over the orange.  The green is pipe dream polish Tabanca and the purple is Harlequin.  I also added black to give it even more of a Halloween feel.  All that was finished with HK Girl top coat.  



So my ikat skills still need work but you can check out the links below to see what the other ladies have done with their orange/purple/green nails.  I can't wait to see them myself!

'Til next time...









No comments: