Friday, July 24, 2015

HPB Presents Summer Night Sky Nail Art

Hey there!  I'm in quite a few nail polish Facebook groups (in case you can't tell from the number of challenges I try to do).  There's one called Hobby Polish Bloggers full of other nail bloggers that are always a wealth of information.  Every month they do a themed link up for swatches/nail art but I always forget to make note of what it is and end up skipping it.  But this month I remembered!  The theme for July is Starry Night Sky so I chose to do a swatch with some stamping.  Keep reading to see all the details.



I thought Pretty Serious' polish called Hot Summer Nights would be an appropriate base for this mani.  It's a deep inky blue with a subtle shimmer that really is like a hot summer night sky.  I used two coats of it here.



Over Hot Summer Nights, I used a coat Twinkling Lights, which was designed as a companion polish.  Both of these polishes were from the Christmas Without Snow collection.  Unfortunately I think they've been discontinued so if you can get your hands on them, you should.  They pair together magically.



Then I stamped some stars from Nailz Craze NC02 with MDU White.  I also stamped an appropriate image saying "We Love Summer Nights" from Born Pretty Store's BP-L017.  This image was almost impossible for me to stamp and resulted in a fair bit of frustration on my part.  I tried every stamper/polish combination I could before I got a decent image.  I don't know why that was since I usually find the BP plates to be pretty spectacular.  Then I finished everything with HK Girl and went on wearing some summer nights on my nails.  


Check out the links below to see how some of the other ladies of our group have interpreted the Starry Night Sky theme.

'Til next time...






No comments: