Monday, June 1, 2015

Country Plaid Nail Stamping

Hey there!  This week's 52 Week Pick n Mix challenge themes are "plaid" and "red, orange and green".   At first I had tried to freehand a plaid pattern but that went terribly so I went to my true love, stamping, to try to incorporate both themes.  I wasn't terribly impressed with how these turned out but wasn't inspired by the prompts enough to try a different look despite having plenty of time.  I always do my Crumpet's Nail Tarts mani's in order but I like being a bit ahead so I did these about a month and a half ago.  



The one good these about these is that I finally used my bottle of Maybelline's Bleached in Peach from the Bleached Neon collection from last summer that everyone loved.  On top of it I stamped a plaid pattern from MoYou London Hipster 06 in Mundo de Unas Pastel Blue (#6) and then leaves from Winstonia W119 in Lemon Tree (#52) and roses from MoYou London Kitty -02 in Reddish (#32).  Then I used Essie's Matte About You to matte the whole thing.  


I don't know if it was the color scheme or the streaky stamping that made me dislike these so much but I was happy to remove them and move onto something better.  That's the fun thing about nail polish...you can always start again with something new!


'Til next time...

No comments: