Friday, June 12, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Fandom: Day 5 Monkey See Monkey Do Sveta Sanders

Hey there!  For the final day of The Digit-al Dozen's Fandom week I decided to try my hand at recreating a mani of a huge nail crush of mine, Sveta Sanders.  I'm definitely a big fan of her so this is an appropriate fandom mani, right?  I immediately fell in love with this mani of hers the second I saw it and I've never forgotten it so that's the one (of her many) beautiful designs that I tried for Fandom week.  I never knew how hard it was to do a vertical gradient...she makes it look so easy in her tutorial!  She really has some magical nail mojo.



In my creation of this look, I started with 2 coats of OPI I Saw, You Saw, We Saw...Warsaw (even though it really only needs one) and then tried a center gradient with Sally Hansen OMGhost.  Over that I used a OPI's White Gold and Silver Top Coat (instead of a yellow gold one like Sveta used).


Luckily I happened to have the same stamping plate as she used (MoYou London Sailor -07).  Instead of a holo polish I used Mundo de Unas Red Wine (#63) for the stamping.  Then I finished with HK Girl top coat.


So, even though I'm well aware that these aren't near as nice as the original, I really enjoyed wearing these.  Now I'm off to work on my vertical gradient skills...


I guess it's sadly time to say goodbye to Fandom week.  It was a fun (but challenging) theme.  Let's see how the other ladies have chosen to finish off the week.








No comments: