Friday, May 29, 2015

UberChic Beauty Geek Love-01 Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  To continue on with my UberChic Beauty stamping plate review, I have one specialty plate that I was sent, the Geek Love plate.  UberChic has recently come out with a few specialty plates with more specific themes than the original collections, including Geek Love, Hipster, Alphabet and Number plates.  I was definitely interested in the Geek Love plate and Brittany was sweet enough to include it along with Collection 3 for me to play with.  Here's the first two designs I used from this plate.  I may have already done a third that I'll be sharing next week...


What I find SO fun about this plate is that there's something on it for the geeks in all of us.  I fully admit to my geekiness/nerdiness...but when you have a PhD in science it's a bit hard to fight it.  There's social media, computer, gamer, science, movie and book geekdom all on one plate.  I'm not sure what the little dudes in the bottom left corner are (if anything) but they sure are cute.  This is a scan of my actual plate.


I wanted to try the Elvish script from Lord of The Rings first.  I'm not a huge LOTR fan but I've read the books AND watched the movies so I must be at least a bit of a fan.  I also wanted to try the image to see how the fine detail transferred.  I tried this one with a few different polishes but I found that Mundo de Unas Black made it stand out the best (shocking, I know).  I wanted it to look sort of hot and glow-y so I started with a gold base of Mentality Shirin and then sponged on a bit of Esmaltes da Kelly Loosho and Spa Ritual Running With Wolves to create this look.  



I love how this one looked in macro so I'm showing that too.  Look how well that stamping transferred despite being so fine.  No details were lost!


For the second mani I wanted to use a couple of the computer images.  This one was really simple.  I used a black base of A England Camelot.  You can tell I grew up in the 80's with old school computers because I absolutely had to stamp this one with green (like the old green on black computer screens).  The green I used is Mundo de Unas Avocado (#39).  Then I matted it with OPI matte top coat.  



This plate, along with the other specialty plates are all available on the UberChic Beauty website for $14.99 US each.  And, of course, if you're a social media geek like me you can check them out on Facebook and Instagram for all the latest bits of news.

'Til next time...

No comments: