Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Neon Ocean Nail Stamping

Hey there!  Can you tell the weather is warming up?  It seems like so many of my posts lately (and coming up) are all neons.  I do love the neons.  Lucky for me, 3 Neons is one of this week's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge themes, along with Oceanic.  I *may* have snuck in an extra neon for this mani.  I couldn't resist!  


I love neons so much that I took photos at nearly every step so bear with me if this is a bit photo heavy.  I started with one of my all time favourite colors, China Glaze Highlight Of My Summer from the 2013 Sunsational Collection.  In fact all the neons in this post are from that collection.  It's one of my favourites despite they're less-than-stellar formulas.  I have backups of nearly all the cremes from it.  This is 2 or 3 coats of Highlight Of My Summer.  


I then gradiented Highlight Of My Summer with the neon turquoise, Too Yacht To Handle and added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust for some subtle holo sparkle (which sadly didn't show up well here).


To go with the oceanic theme, I used MoYou London Sailor-08 for some stamping and decals.  The bubbles were stamped with Mundo de Unas White and the stamping decals were made with Mundo de Unas Black and China Glaze Sun of a Peach and Neon & On & On.  For a shiny look and to smooth out the decals I added a coat of HK Girl top coat.


I also wanted to see what it would look like matte so for the final step, I used OPI's matte top coat to take out the shine. 


'Til next time...

No comments: