Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday Stamping - Better Than Jamberry

Hey there!  This week's Sunday stamping challenge is "Better Than Jamberry".  In other words, doing a stamping manicure that looks like a Jamberry Design.  I didn't actually have time to do my nails for the challenge this week BUT, luckily, a different Facebook group had the same theme awhile back but I never got around to posting these so I can still participate this week.  In the photo below we have my stamped nails with a comparison to the original Jamberry design.




The base of these is two coats of Indigo Bananas Bridal Veil, a super cool foil-looking silver with  holo as a bonus.



For the stamping, I used part of an image from MoYou London Pro 11 and Mundo de Unas Pink (#10) and Orchid (#55).  Since I was so close to original Jamberry design, I thought some gradiented stamping would make it "better".



I think this theme is pretty funny since those of us who stamp frequently get asked if our nails, that may have taken us hours, are just Jamberry wraps.  I personally have nothing against Jamberry but a lot of my designs take too long for me to want people to think I just slapped them on.

'Til next time...








No comments: