Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Gone Girl-Inspired Nail Art

Hey there!  It's the last day of the month so it's time for some book-inspired nail art.  The Polished Bookworms is a Facebook book club where we all read the same book and then do nail art inspired by the book.  This month's book was Gone Girl, which I actually read a couple of months ago.  For folks that have already read the chosen book, they have the option of reading an alternate but I was already into one of the books for later so I'm just going with Gone Girl for this month.

For anyone that hasn't read Gone Girl, or seen the movie, don't worry I'm not going to spoil the book for you so feel free to keep reading for my explanation of this random-looking nail art.



Let me preface this by saying it was super difficult for me to come up with a look inspired by this book.  While I did like the book quite a bit, there wasn't a lot of nail art-appropriate imagery in it so I've focused on just a couple of parts of the book.  First and foremost, Gone Girl is a "did he or didn't he?" thriller.  Nick and Amy have a picture perfect marriage that is so sweet that on every anniversary Amy leaves scavenger hunt-type clues for Nick to find his anniversary gift.  How cute eh?  But after Nick's wife goes missing on their fifth anniversary, complete with a messy, bloody house suggesting foul play, Nick becomes the number one suspect.


For the clue nails, I used two coats of Lacquer Lust Butt Bootie Naked and then freehanded the clue envelopes and hearts with acrylic paint.  For the crime scene nails I used Colors By Llarowe Black Gold, Texas Tea and stamped a splatter pattern with Mundo de Unas Reddish (#32) and Bundle Monster BM-416 and crime scene tape with Yellow (#11) and BM-421.


Hopefully that explains this dichotomous nail art without giving away the book.  Have you read this book (or seen the movie)?  If so, let me know what you thought of it.  I'd love to hear your opinions too.

'Til next time...



No comments: