Friday, March 13, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Nature: Day 5 The Elements

Hey there!  It's the last day of The Digit-al Dozen's Nature Week and I have to say I'm so sad to see this week go.  It's been my personal favourite and the other girls have done such incredible nail art!  For today's post, I busted out the alcohol inks and did some stamping over it.  Can you guess the theme?  Here's a hint...it's the elements.



Here's what my alcohol ink base looked like before the stamping.  For all of them I painted a couple coats of white polish and a couple coats of top coat to make sure the alcohol inks wouldn't stain my nails.  It didn't stop them from staining my cuticles, as you can see.  Man these inks can make some cool effects.  I've tried using them once before and I still haven't mastered them but I'm getting closer!  This time I dipped my bit of sponge in rubbing alcohol before adding the ink.  I think that helped get the more thinned out effect.  



I have to give credit for this idea to my darling officemate Robert.  He's such a nice guy always humouring me with my nail stuff, especially with me sticking my hands in his face.  So I couldn't turn down his idea for these and I'm so happy I listened.  


Earth - Leaf image from Bundle Monster BM-023, Mundo de Unas Green (8)
Fire -  Messy Mansion MM27, Mundo de Unas Reddish (32) and Yellow (11). 
Water - Wave image from Bundle Monster BM-502 and Mundo de Unas Blue (4) and White (1)
Air -  Windy image from Bundle Monster BM-312 and Mundo de Unas Dark Grey (34)


You can see a little bit of my thumb in the photo above.  I tried to do a space nail because that's what came up with I google Fifth Element (I know, it's a space movie) but it turned out terribly so I'm keeping that one to myself, haha!


The fire nail turned out totally messy and you can't really see the edges of the stamping but I think I like that.  Real fire is messy too!


Don't forget to see what the other amazing Digit-al Dozen members have done for this final day of Nature Week!

*to aid in clean up and to keep the alcohol inks off my skin, I used Color4Nails Crystalline Nail Veil*

'Til next time...



No comments: