Monday, February 2, 2015

Freehand Blue Flower Nail Art

Hey there!  How's your Monday going?  Anyone have a Superbowl hangover?  I'm not a football fan at all but even I turned it on the TV for awhile yesterday.  And learned that, yup, I still don't understand football!  Anyways, here's my mani I did for this week's 52 Week Pick n Mix challenge.  This week is flowers and pale blue so I combined them into this look that turned out to look a lot like the flower mani's of the amazing Emily of The Lacquerologist.  



I started with a white base, a cult favourite of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, of which I just bought two new bottles on eBay.  For the flowers I used a whole bunch of blues:  China glaze Capacity To See Beyond, Colors by Llarowe Young Turks, Sally Hansen Set Sail and Glam Polish Tranquil Shores.  Then I did some easy outlines in Sally Hansen Back to Black and added a few dots of gold with Glam Polish You and Me (But Mostly Me).  Finished with a coat of HK Girl and I was good to go to the party I went to that night.




I'm generally not so confident in my freehand nail art but I have to admit that I loved how these turned out.  That might be because I wanted them to look a bit messy so there wasn't a lot of pressure on myself to turn out something perfect.

'Til next time...



No comments: