Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Years Eve Scaled Gradient Nails

Hey there!  Happy New Year friends!  It's kinda late but I'm going to try to break my blog silence by quickly sharing what I wore out for New Years Eve last night.  I was going to post them last night before I went out but I ran out of time between doing them and leaving.  I wore a gold and black scaled gradient that I first learned about on Simply Nailogical.  I've tried a scaled gradient before and loved it but I didn't love how these ones turned out so I wasn't super sad when they started lifting halfway through the night.  



I started with two coats of OPI My Favorite Ornament, a beautiful champagne-colored glitter from last years holiday collection.  Then I used starburst shaped Nail Vinyls and Sally Hansen Black on Black for the gradient.  



Kind of like the New Years stamping I did the other day, these turned out kind of distressed looking.  I think that's because My Favorite Ornament is pretty textured, even with top coat. 



So what did you guys do for New Years?  I mostly just did my friends' kids nails as you might have seen on Instagram.  It was pretty impressive that they could sit still long enough to get them done...but not always long enough to let them dry :-P

'Til next time...





No comments: