Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bookshelf Stamping Decals

Hey there!  This week's prompts for the Crumpet's Nail Tart's 52 Week Challenge are "brown" and "book".  I love reading.  Particularly in the summer at the cabin, I can get lost in a good book and read an entire book in a day.  And yet anytime I look through my bookshelf for inspiration, I always come up short.  So instead of picking a single book for my inspiration, I made some stamping decals of an entire bookshelf.



To fit in with the brown theme, I used a base of Essie Partner In Crime, a dark brown creme.  This is two coats plus top coat.


I made stamping decals using MoYou London Scholar -02 with Mundo de Unas Black and filled them in with acrylic paint.  I still haven't mastered full nail decals but I did like having a bookshelf on my nails even if they weren't perfect.



I thought I could cover some of the imperfections by stamping on top using another image from Scholar-02 using Mundo de Unas Papyrus (#43).  I know just enough French to be able to tell that this script image is in French but not enough to have a clue what it says.



I can't tell if I like it more with or without the extra stamping.  What do you think?

'Til next time...


No comments: