Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Real Dried Flower Nail Art

Press  Sample and Nothing to Disclose

Hey there!  It's Week 2 of the Crumpet's Nail Tart's Pick n Mix Challenge and I decided to go with the pink prompt and try a product I've never tried before...real dried flowers from Bundle Monster.  I paired them with one of my untried's, No Bra from the Loaded Lacquer Nude Jiggles Trio.



I love Loaded Lacquer's Jiggle polishes.  They're all squishy and a lot of them are sheer enough to use for leadlighting but opaque enough to build up to wear on their own.  This is only two coats of No Bra plus HK Girl.  


Bundle Monster provided me with this set of real dried flowers to review.  I've seen some fantastic nail art with flowers like these but before now I thought they'd be difficult to work with but they really weren't.  They come with two different styles of flower in a variety of colors in a single container which I really like because it means I don't have to go digging through all my supplies looking for the color I want.


To apply them I put down a coat of non-quick dry top coat and then placed the flower on top.  I wet the flower in water before applying it in an attempt to make it a bit softer but I'm not sure that really makes a difference.


For the flowers with stems, I cut them first with cuticle scissors before applying.  I think that the bunch that they come in would be too large for most people's nail beds.


Because these are definitely 3D appliqués, to smooth them out I added a coat of Gelous and then one of a HK Girl.  I had a few air bubbles but nothing that was noticeable in real life.


What do you think?  Have you tried wearing dried flowers on your nails?  If not, would you?

These flowers are available for only $3.99 from Bundle Monster.  No Bra is from Loaded Lacquer but you might have to watch for restock info here since her polishes are pretty popular.

'Til next time...



No comments: