Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31DC2014 Day 31 - Honor Nails You Love

Hey there!  I did it!  I've made it to the final day of the 31 Day Challenge.  Today's prompt was one of my favourites...Honor Nails You Love.  Well I love taking inspiration from other nail artists.  I wanted to try this amazing mani @ermahgerdperlish on Instagram a couple of weeks ago.  I loved how squishy it looks and how the glitter underneath adds a whole extra layer of awesome to it.



I don't have the exact same polishes as Kristin but I do have the 10.1 Polish Icing collection so that's what I used to make my dry marble decals.  Like Kristin I placed the decals I made over 2 coats of Pipedream Polish Ride The Boogie.


I love how it looks close up.  You can see all the different sizes and shapes of glitter that are in Ride The Boogie.  


After I had this mani on for a day, I wanted to stamp it so I asked a Facebook stamping group I'm in what should go over it.  I had suggestions for swirls and "bad ass" unicorns so that's what I went with using Mundo de Unas White and Nailz Craze NC02.



And it's over!  31 straight days of nail art posts.  While it was a bit stressful at times, I am so glad that I did this challenge.  I definitely went out of my comfort zone in what I tried for nail art and I managed to pull out a few manis that I really like.  And the best part has been seeing everyone else's great #31DC2014 nail art.

'Til next time...



No comments: