Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Stamping Over Stripes

Hey there!  This week's Adventures in Stamping theme is Stamping over Stripes.  So just like last week during the Picture Polish Blogfest, I pulled out some nail vinyls (straight ones this time) that I've purchased and got to work on making some pastel stripes using some bright pastel Lime Crime polishes, that I then added some flowers on top of.  I think it's clear from my colour choice that I'm not ready to give up on summer just yet.



For the base I started with two coats of white (Pure Ice Superstar!) and taped off 3 of my fingers.  Then I got sick of taping so I added a simple two colour gradient on my index and pinky finger.  The polishes used here are Lime Crime Once in a Blue Mousse (blue), Parfait Day (Pink), Peaches <3 Cream (peach) and Lavendairy (purple). 


The stamping I added is from Cici & Sisi -12 (yes, that's correct, it's my second Sunday Stamping in a row using this plate).  It's also only been 2 weeks since I used Lime Crime in a Sunday Stamping challenge.  I have over 1000 bottles of nail polish and a bazillion stamping plates and yet I guess I'm drawn to these ones lately.


For the stamping I used Mundo de Unas Black.  I also added yellow flower centres with a dotter and Lime Crime Crema de Limon.




I love this look and wanted to keep it on for days.  Unfortunately I had a couple of meetings one day at work last week so I had to change to something just a little more work-appropriate.  I'll show you that next week :-)

'Til next time...






No comments: