Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Femme Fatale & Rainbow Honey Swatches


Hey there!  Today I have some swatches that I received from the Australian polish maker and distributor, Femme Fatale.  I've been a long time fan of their glitter/jelly polishes so it was really exciting to try out some of their holographics as well and I must say, I'm impressed.



I'll start with my surprise favourite.  This is 2 coats of Burning Dusk with top coat.  Honestly, looking at the bottle I wasn't super excited about this one but once I got it on my nails I definitely changed my opinion.  It's a dusty plum with a blue colour shift AND a linear holographic effect!  I'm in love...



The second Femme Fatale holographic is Mr Pinchy, a lovely pink with a hint of yellow that gives this linear holo a coral hue overall.  This is 2 coats without top coat (though I didn't find top coat dulled the holo of Burning Dusk at all so I expect this would also be fine with top coat).



World of Shadows is style of polish that I think of when I think of the Femme Fatale brand.  It's a teal-leaning green jelly filled with glitter (green hexes, white diamonds).  These jelly/glitter polishes can end up making for some pretty thick nails so wearing them over a similar colour isn't a bad idea but I chose to wear it on it's own here.  This is 3 coats plus top coat to smooth it out.  I can't find this one of Femme Fatale's website at the moment (I believe it's discontinued) but I know it is still available through other stockists.



I was also sent 2 polishes from the Rainbow Honey brand.  Magic Cake is a neon glitter topper with yellow-green, pink and blue glitters of various shapes and sizes that looks like a summer party on your nails.  I layered about 1.5 coats of OPI Alpine Snow.  I think some of the pink glitters might have bled into the suspension base because it gave my white undies a bit of a pink tinge.  



Lastly, this is 2 coats of Lifestream over OPI Black Onyx plus top coat.  It's listed as being light green and white glitter but I see this more as an iridescent glitter...the kind that look like all different colours when worn over dark undies.  I think one coat really is sufficient with this polish as with 2 coats these look like glitter overload.



If you're interested in any of these polishes or other indie polishes, check out the Femme Fatale website.  They do ship internationally but, on their homepage, there's also a list of international stockists for the Femme Fatale brand (it's at the bottom of the page).  

'Til next time...




  




No comments: