Monday, November 18, 2013

Night Sky Nail Art

Hey there!  A couple weeks ago I was walking home from the post office (picking up nail mail, of course) and the sky caught my eye.  It was at that early time of night when it's dark out and you can see the moon and a couple of stars but there's still light from the sunset.  I saw it and thought that'd be a great idea for some nail art.


Edmonton before 7 pm...the nights are getting too long!

To try to get this onto my nails I started with a gradient of a light yellow, China Glaze Lemon Fizz, OPI I Saw...You Saw...We Saw...Warsaw (longest nail polish name ever) and Pretty Serious Hot Summer Nights.  Hot Summer Nights and ISYSWSW are similar colors but Hot Summer Nights has silver micro glitter that I thought would add some subtle sparkle to the sky.



After the gradient, I painted the tips with OPI Black Onyx and added the moon and a couple of stars with white acrylic paint.  I was going to attempt to add some trees but I liked how it looked like this.  That and I was afraid I'd ruin all my hard work by trying to freehand something else on.  You can see from my shaky moon that I didn't have the most stable hands that night.



I 'm disappointed with how the pictures look here, especially because this was one of my favorite things I've ever done to my nails...almost worth the clean up.  I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one who hates cleaning up their skin after gradients, especially with dark colors.  Here's a note my sister left me before I cleaned up the pile of Q-tips I had left in the living room.  She's so clever...


Well that's all I have to say for now.  I actually have some pictures edited and ready to go for this week so hopefully you'll be hearing more from me soon!

'Til next time...




No comments: