Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dragon Nail Art - Part 1

Hey there!  Today I want to show you a complete copycat manicure.  I saw some Dragon scales on Nail Polish Wars awhile back and knew I had to try them myself, especially knowing my love of A England polishes.  Then I received my Scaly Things plate (MM21) from Messy Mansion and then I REALLY had to try them!


I can barely even say this is "inspired by" Nail Polish Wars since the only thing I changed was the image plate I used.  I started with 2 coats of A England Princess Sabra, a golden olive with A England's characteristic subtle holo effect.  Isn't she lovely?

Princess Sabra - direct light

Then I gradiented with Princess Sabra, Dragon (which I showed here) and Saint George, a dark teal and seriously one of the most gorgeous polishes in all the land.  These three polishes complement each other so well.  No wonder Nicole from Nail Polish Wars put them together.  She has a great eye.



Finally, I added a pointed scale image from Messy Mansion MM21 using Konad Black.  Then I cleaned up the mess left behind from doing a gradient AND doing black stamping.  Love gradients, hate the mess...  

light box

direct light

I'm a bit of a Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire geek so I do kind of love the dragon look.  So much so that when I removed this, I did another dragon look.  I'm hoping to be able to get that one posted tomorrow.

'Til next time...


No comments: