Friday, September 13, 2013

A England Lady of the Lake

Happy Friday the 13th!  Today I'm showing you what's on my nails right now.  It's A England's Lady of the Lake, a beautiful dusty purple that is slightly holographic, just enough to be subtle and gorgeous.  A England has, hands down, my favourite formula of any polish I've tried.  It's always smooth and buttery and very pigmented.  This is 2 coats plus topcoat but easily could be a one-coater.

A England Lady of the Lake


For an accent nail, I first painted a white base coat and applied a full nail water decal from the Born Pretty Store (style #5).  I love water decals.  They allow me to have images that I'd never be able to achieve by other methods (eg. stamping, freehand).  AND they're super fast and cheap.  These ones are currently under $2!  I probably could have placed it better.  You can see some white at the tips but I'm happy with how these turned out.  I think Lady of the Lake is a good match for the darkest flower in the water decal.

A England Lady of the Lake

The best part about the water decals is that they dissolve in acetone so you don't need to cut them to exactly match your nail.  I cut mine slightly longer than my nail then used acetone and a clean up brush to remove the excess.

A England Lady of the Lake

A England Lady of the Lake
 I took a couple pictures in direct light to try to pick up more of the holo effect.  Unfortunately the sun was gone by the time I finished these so I couldn't take any in the sunshine.

A England Lady of the Lake - direct light

A England Lady of the Lake - direct light
I purchased Lady of the Lake from Nail Polish Canada and the water decal from the Born Pretty Store.

'Til next time...


No comments: