Saturday, September 10, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Books

Hey there!  This week our 40 Great Nail Art Ideas group (which has sadly dropped to much fewer than 40) has the theme of "Books".  Usually I'd go with a general book look but for today's post I wanted to do something inspired by the book I just finished last week - The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.  I won't say anything about the plot except to say that a painting of the same name by Carel Fabritius is involved.  I'm so uncultured I knew nothing about this painting but after looking it up, I really like it so I used it as my inspiration.  Obviously I can't do anything so spectacular on my nails so I used stamping as best I could.  



To start I used a base of Loaded Lacquer No Shirt and then did a distressed look with KBShimmer How You Dune? and My Life's Porpoise.  


To represent the chain in the painting, I stamped with Bundle Monster BM-509 with Maybelline Bold Gold.  The bird is actually a tropical bird off Winstonia W-03 made with Mundo de Unas Caramel filled with black, Bold Gold and Essie Sand Tropez.  The final look was matte'ed with Essie Matte About You.  



That's all for this week's challenge.  Next week is a new Digit-al Dozen week (it's the groups 4th anniversary...how exciting!) so hopefully you'll stop by again to see what we're all doing.

'Til next time...









No comments: