Tuesday, September 20, 2016

It Girl Nail Art Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today's review post is a big one.  Nicole from It Girl Nail Art,  sent me two of her latest stamping plates (IG110 and IG112) to try out, as well as two of her new cuticle oils and stamping polishes.   It Girl Nail Art is an indie company based out of Tacoma, Washington, USA and their products have always been of the highest quality so it's nice to see her branching out into areas other than stamping plates.  These new products are also great but, in particular, the cuticle oil fantastic.  I finished one already and am now looking at buying some more in some new scents.  Keep reading to get all the details on the new products as well as some info on how I did my manis that you see below.





I'll start with the stamping plates because, let's be honest, new stamping plates are always exciting to me.  It Girl's plates are 12 x 6 cm (think MoYou London or Bundle Monster).  The images are 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm, plenty big for most people but the designs definitely work for all sizes.  The plates are made from a stainless steel that is a bit different than most plates I have.  It's matte which is really cool.  No worries though, it doesn't affect the stamping quality is any negative way.

inspired by careers in the STEM field 

Well as a scientist I'm totally biased but this plate ROCKS!  So many fun science and technology images.  There's even DNA, my one true science love.  I actively avoided using it for the review just so I could spread some science love around but you know that this is going to be on my nails one day.  


For my first design, I used It Girl Nail Art's new 5-free stamping polish.  This is Emerald over Cult Nails New Day.  You can see these polishes have a metallic fleckiness to them. My mani here is with top coat but with top coat it's even more fleck-y.  The polish stamped great even with the fairly thin lines in this design.  



My second design is a pseudo-chalkboard mani. I used a base of Mrs. P's Potions Obsidian (previously reviewed here).  I first stamped the blue lines with Mundo de Unas Holland Blue.  I had some problems with this image, likely because these lines are so thin.  Eventually I got them to stick by first using some foil glue and letting it dry almost all the way down.  After I got the lines on, I stamp the formulas, etc. with Mundo de Unas White.  That was all matte'd with Essie Matte About You.  



My third and final IG110 design is stamped with Essie No Place Like Chrome over Glam Polish Ultraviolet Galaxy, a Facebook fan group exclusive.  This is the first Glam exclusive I've purchased but I think it won't be the last.  




IG112 is a femininity-inspired plate.  Lucky for me you don't need to be a super girly or a fashionista to find it fun.  I love the variety on this plate!


To first try this plate, I used It Girl Nail Art Ruby over Color Club Silver Lake.  These polishes don't stamp over dark colors but they sure do look good dotted on them like I did over the black here.  



My second design is a Tiffany-inspired mani.  I used two coats of Girly Bits Mint To Be for the turquoise and stamped with Mundo de Unas White.  The diamonds are stamped with black and filled with Femme Fatale Mirror, Mirror On The Wall.  I can't say enough good thing about Femme's Fatale's glitters these days.  I've been obsessed lately!  



My final mani is a double stamped cheetah design.  I used Essie Fiji, China Glaze Heart of the Matter and LACC 1950 in a squishy stamper marble and then double stamped with Mundo de Unas White and Black.  I really like how this turned out.  



Lastly there are cuticle oils now available in It Girl Nail Art's shop.  These are available as either 2 mL brush pens or 10 mL roller balls.  I used to really like the brush pens but I'm finding myself reaching for roller balls more and more, especially at stop lights in my car.  These roller balls are particularly fancy with their stainless steel balls.  I was sent a 2 mL pen in the Kettle Corn scent (which, in their rotating scent lineup, unfortunately isn't available right now which is a shame.  It was so popcorn-y) and a 10 mL roller ball in Summer Garden.  The oils are a mix of apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, castor oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba wax ester, vitamin E oil.  They absorb easily and seem quite hydrating.  I've been reaching for cuticle oils a lot lately, from It Girl and others because I've been wanting to have nice smells on me.  Sadly, some other companies scents are giving me headaches but the ones from It Girl haven't affected me at all even though the scents are quite powerful.  I think I'm going to have to buy some more of these.  I'm torn between Chai Latte and Candied Ginger...what do you think?


That's all for today.  Thanks for stopping by!  

$13.50 USD/plate
$7 USD/stamping polish
$3.50 USD/2 mL cuticle oil brush pen
$6 USD/10 mL cuticle oil roller ball
Available at It Girl Nail Art Etsy

'Til next time...


No comments: