Friday, March 11, 2016

Lilypad Lacquer Color4Nails Exclusives

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I'm back again today with swatches of a collection of three polishes from Lilypad Lacquer created exclusively for Color4Nails.  All three have a multichrome base color and color-shifting flakies but they all manage to have a unique finish.  All three are also unlike anything else I have in my collection.  This is my first time reviewing a Lilypad Lacquer polish and I have to say that I was really impressed with their application.  Keep reading to see more swatches and some nail art I did with them.

 



Break The Rules has a purple base that shifts to teal.  It has the most obvious flakies of the three.  It has a teal shimmer that I didn't find so obvious in real life but I must have been blind since my camera is picking up shimmer-extraordinaire.  I thought this one was going to need a black base but I'm glad I tried it alone first.  It was just fine on its own.  This one is my favourite of the bunch since I definitely lean towards teal/purple polishes.  I used three coats (but two was good) and HK Girl top coat.  







Guilty Pleasures is predominantly green polish but has a strong copper shimmer.  I would classify it as olive/light forest green.  This was the most opaque of the three, possibly due to the intensity of the shimmer.  However the shimmer seems to overwhelm the flakies a bit.  This was three coats with HK Girl top coat but two coats was absolutely fine.  I just wanted to be consistent.    






Love Me or Leave me is the most unique color of the trio.  Straight on it looks mostly brown but at an angle you can see a definite red shift.  The contrasting green shimmer is really strong and the flakies seem the most color-shifty (I just made up a word!) of the three.  In other words, this one is a total chameleon.  Again I used three coats and again two was okay.  I used a third to see if I could deepen the color but it mostly seemed to darken it.




I wanted to try a bit of nail art with these last weekend so I randomly painted the three polishes over a black base.  Originally I wanted an oil slick look and tried to marble them but they refused to marble so I did this instead.


I then stamped them with Emily de Molly EDM01 (also available at Color4Nails though I believe I purchased it elsewhere) and Mundo de Unas Gold.  I finished with KBShimmer Clearly On Top top coat.



$14/15 mL bottle
Available exclusively at Color4Nails

'Til next time...



No comments: