Friday, November 13, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Your Job

Hey there!  This week Crumpet's Nail Tarts are doing their jobs!  On their nails, that is!  I usually think my job is pretty cool and, lucky for me, stamping plate makers seem to agree with me so it wasn't a problem for me to put my job on my nails.  By day, I work in a university research lab as a molecular biologist which means I treat DNA like a really fun puzzle.  I've done DNA-related nails a ton but it's never too much for me.  This time I included a first layer of stamping that I thought represented something I've been doing lately in my job...cell culture...scary to a DNA person like me!



I started with two coats of Cirque Hatch.  When I'm looking at the cells it's all in black and white and they look sort of speckle so Hatch was perfect for this.  I then stamped with UberChic 4-02 with Mundo de Unas Light Grey to represent the cell shape.  


Then I stamped with a DNA image and the "For Science!" image from Vivid Lacquer VL 017 to represent the DNA part of my job (which is way more fun).  Then I matte'd with OPI matte top coat to finish the look.  


This was the original look I had done for this theme but my sister insisted that the white Messy Mansion stamping wasn't very visible over the metallic rainbow so I re-did it.  But I'm definitely going to do a metal rainbow like this again so hopefully you don't remember it :-P


I don't know about you but I can't wait to see what the other group members do during their non-nail time.  We should be able to read all about it in the links below!

'Til next time...



No comments: