Monday, September 1, 2014

31DC2014 Day 1- Red Disrupted Watermarble

Hey there!  So last night I came up with the brilliant idea that maybe I should participate in this year's 31 Day Nail Art Challenge as put together by the lovely Chalkboard Nails.  I'm going to use this as an opportunity to work on my nail art skills (though I know I'll be doing a lot of stamping).  And while I'm super excited to try this out, I wouldn't recommend starting your first mani with no ideas at 8 pm on the first day of the challenge...

Day 1's prompt is Red Nails.  I can do this right?  So I went with an AWESOME red, Colors by Llarowe The Mighty Red Baron, and did a messy water marble on top of it.



Since I like starting with a swatch if I'm using a single coloured base, here's a swatch of 2 coats of The Mighty Red Baron with HK Girl top coat in direct light.  Isn't it gorgeous?



Then for the water marble I used white (Pure Ice Superstar!), black (Wet n Wild Black Creme) and clear (Sally Hansen Invisible).  Because it was late and my polish was not spreading nicely, instead of a traditional (pretty) water marble, I just messed up with rings of polish a bit and went for a dip.  Hopefully I can come up with something better than this for Day 20, the dreaded water marble day.



Wish me luck on this 31 Day Challenge.  I'm really going to try to keep up at it, even if it means a lot of late night posts like this one (since I obviously don't have anything stashed for it) and occasionally posting twice in one day.  I hope you stick with me on this ride!

'Til next time...







No comments: