Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Tiger Nails

Hey there!  This week's Sunday stamping challenge is honouring World Tiger Day which is celebrated on July 29th (this Tuesday) to raise awareness of the danger of extinction that tigers face.  Honestly, I didn't even know there was a World Tiger Day but I'm the perfect example of someone who knows very little about these majestic creatures.  Until recently, I thought lions and tigers were best buds, chilling in Africa together.  Did you know Africa doesn't have tigers?  I didn't!

Lucky for me, I didn't need to be a tiger expert to wear some tiger nails.




Let's start with a swatch of my base.  This is Color Club's Sparkle and Soar, a super sparkly orange glass fleck polish with a strong gold shimmer  (3 coats).


After seeing Foxy Mary's World's tiger nails I wanted to do something similar.  She has a YouTube video showing how she made decals for all her nails.  While hers are definitely beautiful, I was too short on time to make that many decals so I only decaled my accent nail.

I also used Dashica Infinity plate -12, with Mundo de Unas black polish for stamping.  On all but my accent nail, I just sponged/painted a bit white polish on the ends and then stamped on the stripes.



My accent nail has just a white base and the decal of the tiger face filled with white acrylic paint and Color Club Sparkle and Soar.  Is it weird that I like that you can see the imperfections in his face in close up?  Feels very artsy to me.  Man, Dashica makes some outstanding images.


As a bonus, I used this image a couple months ago over Pretty Serious Morning Java to match a scarf I was wearing in a costume for one of my ultimate frisbee games.  I thought I could share it here too.


I suppose this post is the most suiting to my blog name.  It was definitely inspired by someone else's beautiful artwork and tigers are cats with claws.  It's funny that my name has a cat reference since I'm not a cat person (I've never met one I'm not allergic to) but I like the coincidence here.

Enjoy your Sunday!

'Til next time...

  



No comments: