Friday, May 2, 2014

Spider-Man Nail Stamping

Hey there!  So I hear The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is coming out today so I thought this would be a good day to post these.  I have to admit that I never keep track of movie release dates because I rarely go see a movie when it first comes out (crowds...yuck) but if there's a superhero I like, it's Spider-Man.  I think it might be because his superpower was linked with genetics in the last movie.  According to a male comic book fans in my life, girls tend to like Spider-Man (don't ask me where his stats came from though).

 Even if I didn't like Spider-Man I think I still would have loved these nails.  I wore them for days and sent pictures to anyone that would tolerate me.  I had recently received my first Dashica stamping plate order when I saw the new Revlon The Amazing Spider-man 2-inspired polishes in store and figured it was meant to be...



This Electric Chrome Revlon collection seems to be full of bright foil polishes that just glow.  The blue polish is two coats of Super-powered that I then stamped with the spiderweb image from Bundle Monster BM-013 with Essie No Place Like Chrome.  


Spider-man comes from Dashica's Infinity 14 plate.  I have to admit I bought this plate just for this image (though that's not saying there's not other great images but I really wanted Spidey).  I made a decal with Revlon Spidey Sense (and white acrylic paint for his eye) that I placed over 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow.


I love sparkly red polish so much that I couldn't go without painting a full nail with Spidey Sense so that's what I did on my thumb.  I also added a spider for good measure.  Doesn't that red just glow?


When I saw these polishes I bought these two and the purple (Gwen's Crush) but I think I might need to go back and see if I can pick up some more.  It's not often a drugstore brand catches my eye like these ones did so why resist...right?

'Til next time...





No comments: