Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Layered Fire Stamping using Mentality polishes

Nothing to Disclose

Hey there!  Today I wanted to show you some stamping I did awhile back after I purchased my first Mentality polishes.  I'm always on the look out for good stamping polishes and Mentality has a whole line of "Stampers" so I had to try them out.  The images I used were both from the Messy Mansion MM27 plate, the "fire and ice" plate.


I started with 2 coats of Zoya Dovima, a matte black.  The hardest part of this was waiting for it to dry before stamping since I using my trusty quick dry top coats would have ruined the matte effect.  

I came across Mentality polish when I was on the hunt for a warm gold polish that would be good for stamping and Shirin and Dapper were recommended so I bought them both.  The first layer of stamping used the more opaque of the two, Shirin.


Next I added red fire using Sally, not technically one of the stampers but it should be!


Last, I added a third layer of stamping using Dapper.  Dapper seems to be lighter than Shirin and not quite as opaque.  On second thought, maybe I should have left it at two layers of stamping.  That's why I'm showing all the steps, so you can decide what looked best!



I've had this fire and ice plate for close to a couple of months now and I still haven't done an ice mani!  It's warming up in Edmonton but we still have some snow so it's not too late, right??  Plus, knowing Edmonton, winter isn't over yet :-(

'Til next time...









No comments: