Sunday, October 20, 2013

Inspired by a ....towel?

Hey there!  As my blog name suggests, I'm not the most creative soul you'll ever meet so coming up with new manicure ideas is definitely not my forte.  Because of this I can look in pretty random places for inspiration.  I was doing my sister's laundry yesterday (don't you wish you had a sister like me?) and decided I wanted to do a manicure based on the new towel set she just bought.


These started with two coats of OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls, a favorite white amongst bloggers.  The stripes were freehanded on (my first attempt at freehand stripes, I believe).  The blue is Natural Environ-mint from Sephora by OPI, my all time favorite colour....I can't tell you how many aqua blues we have trying to find a dupe for it.  The green-ish color is another Sephora by OPI color, Ocean Love Potion.  And the grey is Cashmere Sweater by Essie.  




After I took these pictures and did the side-by-side comparison, I saw I could have picked a better turquoise and grey but it was 2 am so I'm okay with these.



And here is the famous towel that I'm so jealous of.


If anyone reads this, what do you think of the pictures.  I tried using the "shake reduction" function in photoshop since I feel my pictures are always a bit blurry but I can't tell if it's good or not.  Does it show the flaws too much?  Maybe out of focus is actually my friend.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!  'Til next time...


No comments: